Dunn Vision Telecom Commitment to Protecting Customer Privacy
At Dunn Vision Telecom, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers’ personal information. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this information is safe and secure, including putting in place rigorous policies and procedures to fully comply with all Canadian privacy laws and regulations.
Further information about how Dunn Vision Telecom collects, uses, and discloses your account and personal information can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions online at https://DunnVision.com/PrivacyPolicyFAQ.
Dunn Vision Telecom has appointed a Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) who oversees Dunn Vision Telecom’ privacy compliance. The CPO has a team that takes responsibility for the day-to-day compliance with PIPEDA, including the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
Why does Dunn Vision Telecom collect personal information?
Your relationship with Dunn Vision Telecom means that we collect and use account and personal information about you. This information helps Dunn Vision Telecom manage our business operations for the following reasons:
- To deliver you the products and services you have purchased from us, and to bill you and collect payment for those products and
- To understand your needs and make customized information available regarding other products and services offered by Dunn Vision Telecom and our agents, dealers and related companies, or trusted third parties that may be of interest to For example, we will collect your current and historical personal location information associated with any device you use under your agreement(s) with us to provide geo- location services to you to that sends you offers and promotions from our carefully chosen third parties.
- To provide tailored service to For example, we may use account information about to you improve your interactions with us or provide a positive and personalized customer experience.
- To perform analytics, administer surveys, or request feedback to improve and manage our relationship with
- To ensure Dunn Vision Telecom network is functioning and protect the integrity of our
- To confirm or authenticate your identity and ensure your information is correct and up-to-date.
- To comply with legal obligations and regulatory
We may also collect information from third-party credit agencies or other Dunn Vision Telecom’ companies and affiliates, to manage credit and business risks; collect an outstanding debt; detect, prevent, manage, and investigate fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
We may also collect personal and account information about you to evaluate your eligibility for other
Dunn Vision Telecom products and services, and to assist other affiliates assess your eligibility for their products or services.
We may also collect personal information about you for other purposes from time-to-time, or as permitted or required by law. We will always identify any additional purpose prior to or at the time of collection.
How does Dunn Vision Telecom obtain consent?
Your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your account and personal information may be implied or express, through written, oral, electronic or any other method.
The choice to provide Dunn Vision Telecom with your consent is always yours, however, your decision to withhold such consent may limit our ability to provide you with certain products, services, or offers.
What can Dunn Vision Telecom do with my account and personal information?
Dunn Vision Telecom will only use your account and personal information to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. For example, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To offer you products and services from other Dunn Vision Telecom companies or trusted parties that we think you may find
- To provide geo-location services that will send you offers and promotions from carefully chosen third parties based on your current and historical personal location
- To allow other Dunn Vision Telecom companies to directly provide you offers about their products and
When will Dunn Vision Telecom disclose information about me?
Unless we have your express consent or pursuant to a legal power, we will only disclose your personal information to organizations outside the Dunn Vision Telecom organization without your consent in the following limited circumstances:
- To a person who, in our reasonable judgement, is seeking the information as your
- To another Internet Service Provider, when the information is required for the provision of their service and disclosure is made
- To a service provider or other agent retained by us, such as a credit reporting agency, for account management, the collection of past due bills on your account, or to evaluate your
- To a service provider or third party that is performing administrative functions for us to manage our customer
- To another organization for fraud prevention, detection or investigation if seeking consent from you would compromise the
- To a law enforcement agency whenever we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have knowingly supplied us with false or misleading information or are otherwise involved in unlawful
- To a public authority or agent of a public authority if it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the
- To a public authority or agent of a public authority, for emergency public alerting purposes, if a public authority has determined that there is an imminent or unfolding danger that threatens the life, health or security of an individual and that the danger could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
- To a third party who may be interested in buying Dunn Vision Telecom assets and personal customer must be shared in order to assess the business
We will disclose information about your credit behaviour to credit reporting agencies or parties collecting outstanding debt.
Your personal and account information may also be shared with other Dunn Vision Telecom companies or affiliates.
How long will Dunn Vision Telecom retain my personal information?
Dunn Vision Telecom will only retain your personal or account information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or for sufficient time to allow you access to the information if it was used to make a decision about you or your account. Information that is no longer required by us will be destroyed or de- identified.
What if I disagree with the accuracy of my personal information Dunn Vision Telecom has about me?
Dunn Vision Telecom ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may ask to review the information we have about you at any time. You can challenge its accuracy and completeness and request amendments, as appropriate, by logging into your “My Account” on the website or by calling 1 800-828-9497.
Where will my personal information be stored?
Account and personal information about our customers may be stored or processed in or outside Canada. The information will be protected with appropriate safeguards, but may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is held.
How will Dunn Vision Telecom ensure my personal information is kept safe?
Dunn Vision Telecom has rigorous security and safeguard processes and procedures to ensure customer information remains safe from theft, loss or unauthorized access.
The CPO and delegates ensure that Dunn Vision Telecom is responsible for all customer information in our possession and control, and we ensure that there is a comparable level of protection for information that is processed for us by third parties.
How can I get more information?
How can I access my personal information that is retained by Dunn Vision Telecom?
You can access your personal information retained by us by contacting our CPO by email at email@example.com or in writing at Chief Privacy Officer, Dunn Vision Telecom, 300-1315 Pickering Parkway, Pickering, ON, L1V 7G5.
How can I get more information about Canada’s privacy laws?
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Dunn Vision Telecom personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Dunn Vision Telecom you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
- Website: priv.gc.ca/en
- By Phone: 1 800 282 1376 or 819 994 5444
- By Fax: 819 994 5424
- By TTY: 819 994 6591